Friday, July 3, 2015

A New Drunkard's Path Variation

These black and white drunkard's path pieces showed up anonymously in our Victory Prayer Quilts cabinet.

 Ruth pieced together a bunch, but she didn't really enjoy it.  Her story is, "I had enough of that!  So I slapped those green circles on and machine appliqued them."....Or something to that effect.

When I quilted this, I treated it pretty much as a sample of quilting design possibilities.
 Her quilt reminds me of the promise of rain on a cloudy day. Indeed, we have been assured it will rain today.  We'll see.

 My little town did get quite a few promises of rain during June and a few deliveries.
Our June total was .64 inches officially--which is a lot more than we get in June in many years.

Of course, if we walk across our yard, we usually return with a few (or more) stickers in our shoes.

 However, this surprisingly (to me, at least) refreshing quilt was quilted indoors to sounds of silence, the soft whirrrrrrr of fans, or strains of classical music--or fans and music at the same time
.


Gracing its back side is some John Deere fabric that also mysteriously appeared in our cabinet at church.  I pieced and quilted so many John Deere quilts five or six years ago that I'm not enthusiastic about making more.  You can see my nephew's John Deere quilt here. However, this fabric was perfect for the back of this quilt.  Does this quilt remind you of irrigation circles?

Sooooo, it's very unlike Missy's Quilt, but still a drunkard's path.  (There were still many black and white DP fabrics ready to be pieced, so I did bring a few home to piece another quilt.) Come to think of it, this is another three-person quilt.  I think I've been blessed with a few of those lately.

Happy quiltmaking, and I hope you are getting a bit of knitting time as well,......

3 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I love this quilt design!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice, bright quilt.

Kathleen said...

Love your quilting of this! The circles look like they are being hugged by your quilting all around them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...