Friday, January 24, 2014

A Bit of Knitting--and No Quilting

A few more rows added to the fiddly socks...

 About half the leg left to go.

And the beret of dark blues begun....

This just wasn't a good week for accomplishing things.   It was the second week back at work, and a lot of us were fighting viruses.  My favorite math teacher and I got hit the same afternoon.  We finished the day and went to our homes and slept.  I did the same yesterday.  I'm going to make an attempt to knit and watch a movie while I run a couple of loads of laundry--but I'm doing it from the comfort of my bed! My plan is to sleep-in tomorrow.

On one of my after school pick-up duties this week, the temperatures were in the twenties, the wind was gusting from 30 to 50 miles per hour--not as ferocious as the weather some other places, but enough to know for sure that my fairly new good-to-20-degrees-below-zero Lands' End Squall coat would leave me frozen if I ever have to be out in that kind of cold. It took several hours for my toes to feel warm again.  It was 2 degrees F at my house this morning with very little wind while I scraped the frosted stars off the car windows, and I stayed much warmer.

Going to try to link to Judy's On The Needles where you can see some people being more productive than I've been!

Happy knitting and quiltmaking...and stay warm, y'all...,

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I work on a very very drafty 100+ year building so I bundle up just to go to work. I wear long underwear (both top and bottom) , blue jeans, long sleeve tee, sweater and a large scarf or shawl. When I get home into a normal environment I roast. I really like your socks.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hope you are feeling better now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...